6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You understand and agree that your use of this website and any services or content provided (The “Service”) is made available and provided to you at your own risk. It is provided to you “as is” and we expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, implied or expressed, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
7. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
We reserve all of our rights, including but not limited to any and all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and any other proprietary right that we may have in our website, its content, and the goods and services that may be provided. The use of our rights and property requires our prior written consent. We are not providing you with any implied or express licenses or rights by making services available to you and you will have no rights to make any commercial uses of our website or service without our prior written consent.
8. APPLICABLE LAW
You agree that these Terms and Conditions and any dispute arising out of your use or misuse of this website or our products or services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with local laws where the headquarters of Sew Simple Australia Pty Limited without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
9. MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION
- In the event that these Terms and Conditions conflict with any law under which any provision may be held invalid by a court with jurisdiction over the parties, such provision will be interpreted to reflect the original intentions of the parties in accordance with applicable law, and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will remain valid and intact;
- The failure of either party to assert any right under these Terms and Conditions shall not be considered a waiver of any that party’s right and that right will remain in full force and effect;
- You agree that without regard to any statue or contrary law that any claim or cause arising out of this website or its services must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause arose or the claim shall be forever barred;
- We may assign our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions and we shall be relieved of any further obligation.
By continuing to browse, you signal acceptance of the terms and disclaimer set out above. If you do not accept any of these terms, you may leave this website now.
11. USAGE DATA
Any information gathered resides on our servers and is never passed on to a third party and never used for marketing purposes without your express permission. This information is held purely to provide statistical analysis and trace errors, in an effort to benefit our clients.
Online Links to Third Party and Co-Branded Sites
Acceptance of orders
Sew Simple Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to refuse or cancel an order at any time, for any reason. In addition, an automated electronic order confirmation does not indicate acceptance of an order. By placing an order, the customer agrees that the sale is made in Australian Capital Territory ( ACT).
Direct debit, Mastercard and Visa via our secure EWAY payment portal.
Classes Booking Policy
A minimum deposit is required when booking a class. This will be refunded or transferred if the class cannot go ahead.
Deposits may be refunded at the discretion of the Directors of Sew Simple Australia if you cancel your booking with at least 10 days notice.
Deposits cannot be transferred or refunded if you cancel a booking within this period (regrettably even in the case of illness) as we are committed to run the class for others who have already bought their supplies and teachers that have been pre-booked. If you fail to attend a class without notice no refund is available.
Unless otherwise stated, in any classes using sewing machines, it is assumed you have a working knowledge of your own machine and that the machine is in good working order, and all the parts required for that class. Please check that you have the power cords when you pack. Should this not be the case Sew Simple Australia Pty Ltd or its staff will not be held responsible.
Times and dates of classes may be subject to change. All classes are offered in good faith. A minimum class size must be reached before any class can go ahead. Please check with the shop 7 days before the class is due to start to confirm the class attendance. It is very important to us that you do not invest a lot of money in class supplies until we are sure that the class will go ahead. Reminder emails may be sent however it is your responsibility to ensure attendance.
Yes - we accept Layby!
our store is pleased to offer layby, as a way of purchase. Please head into Sew Simple and our staff will assist you.
Layby Agreement Terms and Conditions:
- Layby Minimum is $50.00. Minimum cut of half metre for fabrics and 1 metre for wadding
- Deposit 20% of the total purchase is required
- Administration Fee of $1.00 will be added to the total purchase
- Timing and Amount of Instalment Payments A minimum of one payment must be made every 14 days from your previous installment. You may decide to pay more frequently if you wish. Each 14-day payment will be an equal share of the balance owing after the initial 20% deposit. Payments will be calculated over a 12 week (84-day) period from the commencement date. Layby agreement must be presented when making payments or collecting goods. All payments and collections to be in store only.
- Cancellation Fee If at any time during this agreement you do not wish or cannot proceed with your purchase, Sew Simple will charge a fee of 20% of all monies paid / or retain the 20% deposit whichever is greater
- Interest - any laybys going over the agreed time or payment period accumulate interest on the Layby and will be charged at 5.00% annually.
Failure to Pay Instalment Payments In the event you fail to pay any one of the installment payments, this agreement may be terminated at the discretion of Sew Simple Australia. Any interest (of the total installment amount), fees or charges incurred by dishonored payments can be charged.
- Failure to Complete In the even you should fail to complete all payments by the selected Layby period detailed in Timing and Amount of Instalment Payments, this agreement may be terminated at the discretion of Sew Simple. If this should occur, the same conditions outlined in Cancellation Fee will apply.
We understand that from time to time you may wish to return a product to us.
We have created this 30-day returns policy to enable you to return products to us in appropriate circumstances.
[This returns policy applies to customers of Sew Simple Australia PTY LTD irrespective of your geographical location.]
This policy does not affect any statutory rights you may have.
Where you have no other legal right to return a product and receive a refund or exchange, then you will nonetheless be entitled to return a product to us where:
(a) Sew Simple Australia Pty Ltd receive the returned product within 30 days following the date of receipt of the product;
(b) The returned product is unused, in its original [unopened] packaging and otherwise in a condition enabling us to sell the product as new;
(c) You comply with the returns procedure set out below; and
(d) none of the exclusions set out below apply.
- Returns procedure
In order to take advantage of your rights under this returns policy, you must:
Returns Due to Faulty or Damaged Goods
- If you purchased a product that was damaged or faulty when you received it, we will replace the item with an undamaged one.
- A replacement item will be forwarded to you at no cost to you, on receipt of the returned goods within the above time period.
Returns Due to Incorrectly Supplied Goods
A refund or exchange of goods may be applicable if we provided you with a product that you didn’t order; provided you with the wrong order sold you something that does not match its description.
- A replacement item will be forwarded to you at no cost to you, on receipt of the returned goods
- The goods must be returned in original condition; however if they have been damaged by you or damaged through you using them, we will not be able to accept their return. In this case, a replacement product will not be sent to you.
Changing your mind
Unfortunately, we are unable to refund or allow you to return products if you simply change your mind, or if you do not want to have them anymore. We attempt to provide you with all the information you need on our website and in product information brochures to help you make an informed decision before you buy. We provide products that are based on the application of certain ideas, words, knowledge, and information to assist individuals and/or organisations to improve their daily business.
Returning Overseas Orders
If you have purchased a product from us and you live outside of Australia, the process for requesting a refund is the same as noted above; however, the cost of returning the goods to Australia including exchange rate fees and charges, packaging, and postage, will be your responsibility.
Issuing a Refund
Refunds are subject to our refund policy set out below.
Canceling an Order
Orders which are to be mailed out must be canceled no more than 24 hours after placement in order to avoid paying the cost of the product. This can be done by calling +61 (if outside Australia) 02 6282 7144. As we pride ourselves on reducing the time between placement of an order and shipping of that order, any order canceled after 24 hours will not be eligible for a refund. Orders which are taken online with an instant download of file or intellectual data are not able to be canceled as the transaction occurs immediately the order is placed.
12. REFUND POLICY
Please choose carefully as we do not give refunds for:
- Change of mind
- If you make a wrong decision
Refunds will be offered on any product sold that either did not meet the conditions of sale or was declared faulty/defective. On receipt, should the machine be found to have technical issues we reserve the right to rectify the issue according to the consumer law applicable in the ACT, should the machine then be proven to be faulty a full refund will be given. All freight applicable in this case is the responsibility of the client. Should the fault be due to client misuse, neglect, or willful damage no refund will be allowed. Any refunds offered will be less any applicable costs (less postage and handling).
Contracts of Sale (COS).
Any sale where monetary or electronic transfer of funds has occurred is an acceptance of sale and pricing all products and services provided by Sew Simple Australia and it’s websites after this time accordance with Australian Consumer law are FINAL. No refunds or price matching post sale will be given unless otherwise stated within this agreement Sew Simple Australia’s Directors reserve the right to have the final decision on all transactions under its companies and locations virtually and physically.
Information that is gathered from visitors
In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit.
Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website.
Where registration is required, the visitor’s email and a username will be stored on the server.
How the Information is used
The information is used to enhance the visitor’s experience when using the website to display personalised content.
All information collected by Sew Simple Australia Pty Ltd will be solely used for data-basing and under no circumstance will it be sold, rented or leased to 3rd parties.
If opted into, e-mail newsletters and reminders may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers by us or our affiliates.
If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in e-mail that you receive. You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website.
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website. Also, they may be used to track your return visits to the website.
Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to visitors based on their visit to sites they visit on the Internet.